Our next meeting is Wednesday October 1st at the Rockler Store, 200 Gorham Rd, South Portland, Maine 04106. We usually start gathering around 6pm with the meeting begining at 6:30, but come early to pick up your name tag, enter the raffle, and shop at Rockler.
We will be having a show and tell and ask that you limit your submissions to 2 pieces.
Are you new to bowl turning? Experienced, but interested in learning more? Either way, come to our October meeting and demo, where Damon Harmon, who has by his count turned over 300 bowls, will show us a bowl turning method pioneered by Lyle Jamieson. One aspect of the Jamieson method Damon will show is that no chuck is required. See you all at Rockler on October 1. And bring a piece for show and tell; maybe a bowl you have recently turned.
Three of our members Norm Devonshire, Chuck Perry and Dick Shryock won Blue ribbons at the Cumberland Fair for their Carvings.
And Anita Taylor won a Blue for her bowl.
Remember that the Fryeburg Fair is coming on Sunday, stop up and spend some time in our booth..
Please Welcome our new members:
- Heidi Silveira of Scarborough
- Tina Edwards of Freeport
- Duane and Connie Jo Butler of Morrill
- Gary Bylow of Kennebunk
So until Wednesday happy turning.
Southern Maine Woodturners
- Please note that the Library has been updated and can be found on it’s own tab. Barbara Simon our Librarian will be bringing the library to each meeting
- You should have already received a newsletter from the club. I will try to do the meeting announcements using the news letter format each month
- There is an urgent need for Eagle Cane inserts due in part to the publicity on WCSH6 the specs can be found at http://mainewoodturners.org/eagle_canes.html
- An interesting Article for Wood Turners Insects and Diseases threaten our wood supply was forwarded to me by Elwood Beech